The mayor of London has สมัครสล็อตxo the largest personal mandate of any politician in the UK, with a constituency of 6.2 million voters.
For the privilege, Londoners pay on average £365 a year through a proportion of their council tax.
The mayor cannot make new laws and is not responsible for taking the bins out. But they can raise taxes which, along with grants from central government, fund a £17bn budget.
The power of the Greater London Authority (GLA) comes from the mayor, with the London Assembly there to hold the mayor to account.
It's a high-profile job, currently held by Sadiq Khan, and it's up for re-election on 6 May. So what are Londoners voting for?
Transport: Setting Tube and bus fares
The mayor's principal power lies in the area of transport. He or she oversees Transport for London (TfL) which handles up to five million passenger journeys in the capital a day - when there's not a global pandemic.
The mayor is responsible for the bus and taxi network, the Tube, Overground, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), cable car, and all other TfL services.
In this role, the mayor has the power to set fares, which is where TfL gets the majority of its funding.
London is one of the only major cities in the world that does not receive government funding to support the operating costs of its transport network. In comparison, fares on the Paris Metro make up only 38% of its income.
Policing: Holding the Met to account
Only about 30% of the Metropolitan Police's budget comes from the mayor - the remaining 70% comes directly from national government.
But the mayor officially acts as the police and crime commissioner for London, which means the mayor has a role in setting out how London is policed and staffed.
The mayor appoints the Metropolitan Police commissioner, who is in charge of the day-to-day running of the police, and holds them to account.